ART IN THE GARDENS
The Old Monterey Foundation is pleased to announce that its series of Plein Air events continues this year with “Art in the Gardens” September 12 & 13. Mark your calendars and plan to attend.
- Local artists paint in and around the historic gardens of Old Monterey.
- Docents and gardeners interpret and explain the creation and maintenance of each garden featured.
- Information area in Sensory Garden (Olivier Street, outside Picket Fence) will feature maps of gardens for use by attendees.
- Tickets on sale for a drawing to win original paintings donated by participating artists.
Sunday, September 13 11 AM – 4 PM:
- Artists display newly painted work in the Sensory Garden area. Entries for judging and other original works are available for purchase from the artists.
- Tickets for the drawing will be on sale until 3PM, when winning tickets will be drawn.
- 1 PM: Judges announce prizes and cash awards for winning paintings.
This free event will introduce the public to many “secret” gardens in Old Monterey, showcasing their rich history while inspiring contemporary gardeners to become involved. Watching local artists paint in the gardens should inspire a new appreciation for our city’s historic and modern charms. Come watch the artists work on Saturday, then return Sunday to admire the finished paintings and find one to enhance your home!
Interested artists and participants should contact email@example.com or call 643-2295 for more information.
Artist applications are due NLT August 31, 2015.